Personal Information We Collect
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally, when you make a purchase, donation or register for a webinar or attempt to make a purchase, donation or register for a webinar through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers or PayPal payment information), email address, and phone number. We also collect information about your registration for and attendance of our Zoom Meetings and/or Webinars. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations, and providing you with access to and/or delivering to you our online products and services). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud;
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services; and
- Review, update, improve our range of products and services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your email and IP addresses), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
We may also use your Order Information and Device Information for retargeting in our ad campaigns.
Sharing Your Personal Information
- Google Analytics – https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
- Facebook Pixel – https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/
- Mailchimp – https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/
- Zoom – https://blog.zoom.us/zoom-privacy-policy/
- Zapier – https://zapier.com/privacy/
- YouTube – https://policies.google.com/privacy
- PayPal – https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full
- Square – https://squareup.com/au/en/legal/general/privacy-no-account
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google – https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Do Not Track
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order, donation or webinar registration through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Australia and the United States.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below:
ATTN: Website Privacy
The Vishrant Buddhist Society
33 Armenti Road
Roleystone WA 6111